background

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

AVENTURAS


Wow!  What a week, amazing! just like all the others.  More adventures, more stories and a whole lot of FUN!  So the family I live with and I are doing our best to make some friends and meet new people.  I feel like this week, we did pretty good job.  We had several people over for dinner and swimming and even trips to the beach.  It's been good.  On Monday, I went to two different caves and I felt like I was back at home in Timpanogos Cave.  I loved them.  Way cool and very very wet.  Cueva Ventana (the Window Cave) was not a guided tour, you just hike through and then as you come around a corner the cave opens up like a ginormous window and you can see all this!

Lago Dos Bocas



 This was the second cave, Cueva Clara (the Clear Cave).  They call it this because there is a big part of the cave that is lit up by natural light and it's beautiful.  On the edges of the cave, the plant life is fascinating. 

Behind and above me is a big opening in the ceiling where the cave sunk and fell in creating a huge natural sky light.
 This is all natural light coming through the cave!
And the water continually drips down through the cliffs of the rocks.  I even drank some!  Like from the Fountain of Youth!  I am going to live forever!

Beautiful Beach scenery!
 On Thursday, we had a crazy rain storm.  I feel like it was a bigger deal than the tropical storm warnings from the week before.  It rained all day and there were warnings of flash floods.  You can see why!  There were rivers running down the street and the lightning and thunder are incredible.  Loud (and maybe even sometimes scary) but so awesome. 
On Friday, we went to the beach with the new mission president's family.  They are from Alabama and have two girls the same age as the kids here so we jumped some waves and pretended to boogie board. 
Then on Saturday, we went to the beach again we some friends and we tried snorkeling.  I didn't really try the snorkeling because I could see the fish without the goggles because the water was so clear.  Our little adventure at this beach was cut short because one of the kids stepped on a sea urchin.  And I thought little wood slivers were painful!  I feel bad for the poor girl!  She went to the ER to make sure she was fine on her Tetanus shot and to see what was the next best thing to do.  Yep, about six hours of waiting and an hour and half with the doctor, she finally arrived back home.  They took out some of the spikes but now she just has to keep her foot clean and soak it in vinegar.  Supposedly the vinegar helps loosen the spikes that are buried deep in her skin.  Fun Times!!

No comments:

Post a Comment